Creative content and customer engagement are critical to the effective use of social media. If you’re vigilant about your company’s social media tasks on a regular basis— daily, weekly, and/or monthly — you’ll see the big picture and figure out when to make adjustments or change course.
Here is the most basic social media task checklist that anyone can master:
- Respond Daily. According to a Convince and Convert survey, 32% of respondents expect a response on social media within 30 minutes; 42% within an hour! With that sort of expectation, you best make sure to respond as soon as possible, no matter the day of the week or time of day.
- Find and Follow Daily. Make time every day to search for key phrases and words relevant to your business and industry. When you find a ‘conversation’ or post that is relevant and you have something meaningful to say (very important), add your input. It’s a great way to gain new followers!
- Create a Weekly/Monthly Social Media Content Calendar. Research, write, plan and then create a weekly/monthly calendar, with content tailored for each social account. It makes it easy to keep track of what you’re posting on which platform each day.
- Follow Your Competition Weekly. Watch what your competition is doing on social media, and how they’re doing it. In the process you’ll see what your competitors aren’t doing, so you can bridge those gaps and stand out.
- Check Your Data Monthly. Track your social networks each month through analytics — Google Analytics is a good basic tool. This will provide a basis for understanding whether your social media presence is growing or shrinking, which is extremely critical when assessing your marketing spend.
- Make Monthly Adjustments. If a channel is not working, don’t be afraid to make modifications! Your analytics will determine if and when you should update your goals, depending on what’s working and what’s not. And know that social networks update and change policies frequently, which could affect your content plans.
If you liked this, please share!